This is a unique initiative by the University Trust and the University Journal of Society to establish the Ethical and Complain Committee. This committee will look at all complaints on the practice of ethics within the University Trust and the University Journal of Society.
Who Can Register Complain to the Ethical and Complain Committee
Anyone if they found any unethical practice from the contributor side can refer to the ethical and complain committee. Any affected person can register to complain against other contributors or publications or the member or associated person with the University Journal of Society about the unethical practice with verifiable evidence to the ethical and complain committee. Any third person who is neither directly nor indirectly affected can also register to complain against other contributors or publications or the member or associated person with the University Journal of Society about the unethical practice with verifiable evidence to the ethical and complain committee.
How Ethical and Complain Committee will Work and Decide
The Ethical and Complain Committee will work with their committee member and all decisions will be taken on the basis of verifiable evidence and ethics laid down here and at the relevant places on the website. The University Trust and the University Journal of Society have already laid down the standard ethical practice by the contributor, reviewer, editor and all members relate to it. The decision will also be based on the regulatory authority for the academic writing, ethics and copyright acts. The decision will be taken on that basis with verifiable evidence.
Nature, Mode and Amount of Action to Protect the Standard Ethics
Since this has no judiciary power the decision will be taken on the basis of standard ethics laid down by the concerned country-specific as well as international authorities, turbine, committee and societies. The amount of action to protect the high standard of ethics will depend on them.
Jurisdiction of the Ethical and Complain Committee
The jurisdiction of the Ethical and Complain Committee shall be limited to the University Trust and the University Journal of Society.
The procedure of Handling Misconducts
Editor in Chief and all team members of the journal take utmost care to avoid any misconduct of ethical behaviour, yet things are natural to go wrong due to natural human behaviour.
· Claims of misconduct in the ethical behaviour of author(s) made in written form (print/e-mail) to Editor-in-Chief on the official address/ID shall only be considered for investigation and support.
· All claims of misconduct shall be inquired by Editor-in-Chief or a team delegated by Editor-in-Chief. Investigations would be done based on the expected ethical behaviour of all the parties and boards involved in the journal.
· The investigation team shall submit the report to the Editor-in-Chief who will then determine the course of action as required which can maximum be extended to the removal of the disputed content from its volume(s), and temporary or permanent prohibition of the author/involved individuals from the journal, in case the dispute claim is found true.
· Journal is not liable to any loss (monetary or emotional or physical or any other kind) due to any unethical behaviour of the authors.
· In any case, the journal, or its management, would not be liable to pay any refund or monetary penalties to anyone because of the unethical behaviour of its people or authors.
· The decision of the Editor-in-Chief, in any case, should be ethically acceptable to all parties and considered final.
· All positions in the teams and boards of journals are honorary and people volunteer to serve the mission of the journal. Normally, we do NOT hire or employ people rather we select among those who nominate them as volunteers or we invite people to volunteer. Hence we do NOT take any responsibility for people in our teams but encourage them to follow the ethics of work.
Member of Ethics and Complain Committee
(1) Jurist: H. L. Dusadh
(2) Lawyer: Pankaj Rajshekhar Singh Reddy
(3) Editor-in-Chief of the University Journal of Society: Dr Anil Kumar
(4) One member nominated by the University Trust: Kaushalya Devi
(5) One member from the Editorial Board or Sub Editor or Advisory Board of the University Journal of Society: Ghanshyam Kushwaha
(6) One independent member from renowned civil and human rights activist, jointly nominated by the University Trust and the University Journal of Society: Deepak Ranjeet Mahato
(7) One member from the independent academician: Dr Gautam Kumar
Parties of the complainer and affected person/ people:
(1) One member nominated by the affected person or herself/ himself
(2) One member nominated by the complainer or herself/ himself
(3) Another person also have the right to say their position or points if they feel that they were affected directly or indirectly or even if they are not affected directly or indirectly. They need to submit their position and points in writing to the Editor-in-Chief. This is the responsibility of the Editor-in-Chief to put their position to the Board Member of Ethics and Complain Committee.
Please note that the:
Complainer and the affected person herself/ himself will have full right to say their position and points with verifiable facts.
Parties of the complainer or the affected person or those who want to say their position and points shall have no right to cast their vote.
For Approach to the Ethical and Complain Committee
Please write to the Editor Email ID is: Editor.UJS@gmail.com
Document ID: UJS/2108/BoardEthicsComplain